The Sunday Blues
Sunday, August 17, 2014
I tend to get this feeling every Sunday afternoon and my boyfriend has dubbed it my Sunday Blues. I start to focus too much on the week ahead and all the work that needs to be done and I forget to enjoy my Sunday. It's a terrible cycle of sudden anxiety and nerves that I was determined to put a stop to. After many a sad Sunday, I have found some great ways to to subdue the Sunday Blues.
1. Fix yourself a Sunday Pamper evening. Grab yourself a scented bath bomb, a soothing face mask and a calming playlist and draw yourself a warm bath. It is the perfect way to calmly ease yourself into the start of a new week. It's become one of my cherished Sunday rituals to pop myself in a hot bath and take some very necessary 'me' time.
2. Plan a special Sunday dinner. I usually end up rushing through my weekday dinners and rarely take the time to make a proper meal. I also tend to eat ridiculously fast so I can get onto whatever I'm doing next. This doesn't exactly make for a relaxing meal. On Sundays, I try to make or order something special; Taking my sweet time to enjoy a particular favorite, eat a dessert, drink some wine. Having a special meal encourages me to slow down and take the time to enjoy my Sunday.
3. Pick out a great end-of-weekend movie. Whether it's an old one that you'd love to see again or a new one that you've been wanting to see for awhile, plan to make it a Sunday night event. Grab the popcorn, red vines or whatever candy you prefer and settle in to watch your end-of-weekend flick.
4. Put on your comfiest pair of pajamas. Pajamas, to me, are like a big warm hug. To relieve any nerves about the coming week, putting on your comfiest pair of pajamas is always a great idea. My favorite pair is a Nick & Nora Sock Monkey Onesie! It is the comfiest thing I've ever worn. If it was considered appropriate, I would totally wear them to work everyday. (Oh, if only!)
5. Take the time to read a bit. Reading is a treasured pastime of mine. It can completely transport me and after a few pages, I totally forget about anything, but the story in the book. (I've walked into a few doors this way) I make sure that reading is the last thing I do on Sunday night and the first thing I do when I wake up Monday morning. It's a perfect way to end my weekend and it puts me in a great mood to start a fresh, new week.
Do you ever get the Sunday blues? Have any tips of your own? Share them with me in the comments below!