I have a bit of problem skin. It is both sensitive and acne prone, two things that are usually really hard to deal with when it comes to your skin. Thankfully, I have found some products that do a good job of keeping those problems in check!
1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - I got this in a Birchbox a good long while ago and I didn't expect it to live up to the hype. Boy, was I wrong. This has to be one of my favorite face washes ever! It smells divine and, in combination with the muslin cloth, it does an amazing job of cleansing my skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and I was worried that daily exfoliation might do some damage, but it turns out that it's the perfect form of daily light exfoliation that keeps my skin fresh and clean. It even does a great job of picking up trace amounts of makeup from the spots of my face that I missed with my makeup wipe. If you have not picked up a bottle of this cleanser, I highly suggest you do so!
2. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - I got a small sample of this in a goody bag from a Sephora VIB Rouge event a while back. I always find that eye creams are a generally miss for me because I never really see a good amount of difference in my under eye area. I'm too young for serious wrinkles and nothing I've tried really helps the slight darkness if I haven't gotten a good night's rest or the puffiness that always seems to appear. I was actually pleasantly surprised by this eye balm, as it actually reduced my dark circles by a considerable amount. After couple weeks of use, (love that a tiny container of eye balm can last such a long time!) I found that it did a great job daily of minimizing the puffiness and dark circles associated with a restless night. It's definitely one of my skincare favorites and something I will be purchasing in a larger size once my little pot runs out.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ - I have gone and come back to this moisturizer a million times and I have found it on my favorites list again for Fall. It always does a great job of balancing out my skin. It does the most important job of moisturizing the dry areas on my face and NOT over-moisturizing my oilier areas. It's the perfect moisturizer to use between Summer and Fall as the change in the season always wreaks a bit of havoc on my skin.
4. Avène Rètrinal+0.05 Cream - I have only just discovered this product recently through the monthly subscription box, BeautyDNA. I always love seeing what products the smartie beauty product algorithm has picked out for me each month. This product is a Rètrinal cream that is meant to reduce wrinkles and brighten the skin. I don't have a lot of wrinkles on my face, but I do have two lines on my forehead that always seem to give me a bit of trouble. This product does a wonderful job at diminishing those lines so that now they are barely noticeable. I can't wait to see what it can do after a couple months of use.
5. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - This mask is definitely a cult and Brendy Beauty favorite! I always keep a bottle of this mask handy for any day where I feel like my skin is a total mess. It does a great job of decongesting the skin and pulls out all the gunk that has been accumulated in a day of running around the city. This mask has become a necessary component in any Brendy Beauty pamper evening!
6. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash - Another Origins product that I just adore is this Frothy Face Wash. When they say it's a frothy face wash, they MEAN it's frothy. This product lathers up really well and does a stupendous job of making your skin feel squeaky clean afterward. This, in combination with my Clarisonic, does an amazing job of giving your face a good and proper cleaning.
Have any skincare favorites of your own? Share them with me in the comments below!