1. Decorate A Christmas Tree - This is totally a no brainer for most. Duh, there’s nothing more Christmassy than decorating a tree, but I make it a whole affair. When I was younger, I remember having my own personal ornaments that only I could add to our Christmas tree. Each kid in our family each had their own. There were the normal personal ones that had your name on them from Baby’s 1st Christmas and then there were the ones you made in school with paint and glue, but then there were also the super special ones. The ornaments that were your absolute favorite to stare at on the tree every year. In the spirit of those ornaments, my boyfriend and I buy two new ornaments to add to the tree each year. We pick them out especially as our favorites, mine are always Disney themed, to add to our tree for this year and every Christmas to come. It’s becoming one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
2. Visit Festive Lights - I am so thankful to have been born and raised in San Francisco. I especially love it during the holidays. The city seems to get more and more festive around this time every year and it seems like every door has a wreath and every window has a tree. The hotels in the downtown area become especially festive around the holidays with their enormous trees and fantastical gingerbread creations. I love taking a tour of all my favorite hotels to see how they dolled up for the season. It really gets me in the Christmas spirit.
3. Bake Up A Storm - Baking & the Holidays go together like PB&J and I love to hole up for a weekend making secret ingredient cookies, homemade peppermint bark and my own personal favorite, oatmeal jam bars!
4. Watch A Bunch of Christmas Movies - The Christmas season would not be complete without watching a million and one Christmas movies! I love to pull out all my Christmas favorites and watch them as I decorate the tree or bake something festive. Some of the movies on my top ten Christmas movie list have to be Elf, Home Alone, The Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Muppet’s Christmas Carol. I wish I could watch all of those right now!
5. Open Advent Calendars - One of my new Christmas Must Do traditions has to be the Countdown to Christmas with Advent Calendars. It’s like opening up a new present every day as you count down to my favorite holiday of the year!