Although this weekend was delightfully warm, the past couple of months have been nothing but chilly and unyielding. Seriously, I am officially over this freezing cold weather and the sadness it seems to bring. It's a real downer on the psyche. In lieu of all this numbing cold, I found a couple of ways to bring some cosy warmth back into my life!
1. Try Eating Something Hot - A no brainer on most people's 'keep cosy' lists, but I still think it's super important. Warm yourself from the inside out by making your favorite soup or stew. For me, it's definitely all about the Grilled cheese and Tomato soup combo. There is almost no meal in the world more comforting than that.
2. Add Extra Blankets - Another no brainer, but it needs to be followed to the letter. It's not just about a million extra blankets, but the right kind of blanket. Maybe you're adding your favorite down blanket or the blanket that used to be on your bed as a kid, but the type of blanket you add can really cinch that extra bit of cosyness to your day. For me, it's definitely this blanket I had as a kid that has a dark horse emblazoned on it. It always reminds me of home.
3. Head Outside - So I know this one is going to sound a bit crazy, but it totally works. Bundle yourself and head outside to take a walk in the super chilly air. Make sure it's at least 15 minutes so that your body gets slightly acclimated to the cold. Then, pop yourself back inside! You will think you have just walked into the warmest and cosyest house alive because compared to the outside temperature, this is heated heaven.
4. Burn Some Scented Candles - The flicker of the flames, the delicious scent wafting through the hallway, there is just something about candles that always makes me feel a bit warmer inside. I think the scent you choose definitely adds to the cosy feelings. I always end up going for cinnamon, baking or desserty scents like this Vanilla Bean Marshmallow candle.
5. Throw on Some Cosy Slippers - This one can totally get left behind when it comes to thinking cosy, but for these little bad boys are an absolute must. As soon as I get out of bed in the morning and as soon as I get home at night, cosy slippers are on my feet.
Have any cosy tips of your own? Share with me in the comments below!